Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza activity is low and at inter-seasonal level.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) and emergency departments (EDs) remain low.
- Routine and sentinel detections of influenza virus remain low.
- Influenza A/H3N2 and influenza B continue to co-circulate at low levels.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses decreased this week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs nearly doubled this week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel EDs remain above baseline levels.
- Norovirus detections decreased but remain elevated, and rotavirus detections increased.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel EDs and GPs decreased this week and are below baseline levels.
- Single cases of overseas-acquired measles and mumps were confirmed in adults with unknown vaccination histories. No cases of rubella were reported this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch, send an email with your first and last name plus email address to firstname.lastname@example.org