Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza activity is low and at inter-seasonal level.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) emergency departments (EDs) remains low.
- Routine and sentinel detections of influenza virus decreased this week.
- Influenza A/H3N2 and influenza B continue to co-circulate at low levels.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses remain similar to the previous week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs increased this week and remain above baseline levels.
- Norovirus detections decreased this week, and rotavirus detections increased.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel EDs and GPs increased this week to near baseline levels.
- No cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch, send an email with your first and last name plus email address to email@example.com