Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza respiratory virus activity remain low and at inter-seasonal levels.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) and emergency departments (EDs) remain low.
- There were no routine or sentinel detections of influenza virus this week.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses continue to fluctuate at low levels.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and sentinel EDs remain well above baseline levels.
- Norovirus detections have declined over the past two weeks, but remain elevated.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles presentations to both sentinel GPs and EDs are currently above baseline level, and chickenpox presentations to GPs are also above baseline
- No cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported this week.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to email@example.com)