Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Indicators of influenza activity remain relatively steady, at inter-seasonal levels.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) increased, while presentations to Emergency Departments (EDs) remained steady this week.
- Influenza B and A/H3N2 viruses are predominant at present.
- Non-influenza respiratory virus activity decreased this week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs continue to fluctuate within expected levels.
- Rotavirus detections increased this week.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles presentations to sentinel EDs and GPs are above baseline level.
- Chickenpox presentations are within expected limits.
- No cases of measles, mumps or rubella were confirmed this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch please send an email with the subject SUBSCRIBE to VirusWAtch@health.wa.gov.au
To unsubscribe to Virus WAtch please send an email with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE to VirusWAtch@health.wa.gov.au