Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Indicators of influenza activity remain relatively steady, at inter-seasonal levels.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) and Emergency Departments remained steady this week.
- Influenza B and A/H3N2 constituted the majority of influenza viruses subtyped this week.
- Non-influenza respiratory virus activity decreased this week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs continue to fluctuate within expected levels.
- Rotavirus detections increased this week; norovirus detections decreased.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel GPs are near or below baseline levels.
- Shingles presentations to sentinel EDs are above baseline level.
- Several new cases of mumps linked to an outbreak among Aboriginal children and teenagers in the Kimberley region were notified this week.
- No cases of measles or rubella were confirmed this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch please send an email with the subject line SUBSCRIBE to email@example.com