Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza virus activity continue to decline.
- ILI presentations to sentinel GPs and emergency departments (EDs), and detections of influenza virus, decreased this week.
- Hospitalisations for influenza decreased and are below baseline level.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses decreased.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs increased, while presentations to EDs decreased to below baseline level.
- Norovirus detections decreased this week, while rotavirus detections increased.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Chickenpox and shingles presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs continue to fluctuate at around baseline levels.
- No cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch, send an email with your first and last name plus email address to email@example.com