Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza respiratory virus activity continues to decline.
- Most indicators of influenza activity, including notifications, proportion of positive laboratory tests for influenza, ILI presentations to Emergency Departments (ED) and influenza-associated hospitalisations decreased this week.
- The majority of influenza viruses subtyped were influenza A/H1N1, although influenza A/H3N2 and influenza B continue to co-circulate.
- Overall detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses declined this week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs are relatively stable and at expected levels.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) continue to fluctuate at around baseline levels; shingles presentations to sentinel EDs are above baseline level.
- No confirmed cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org)