Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza activity continues to decline.
- Presentations of influenza-like illness to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) and sentinel emergency departments (EDs) decreased this week.
- Detections of influenza virus continue to decrease.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses decreased, with the exception of human metapneumovirus and adenovirus.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs increased slightly this week, but presentations to sentinel EDs remains stable and below average levels.
- Norovirus and rotavirus detections increased slightly.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Chickenpox and shingles presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs remain low or near baseline.
- No cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch, send an email with your first and last name plus email address to email@example.com