Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza activity is low and at inter-seasonal level.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) and emergency departments (EDs) remain low.
- Routine and sentinel detections of influenza virus remain low.
- Influenza A/H3N2, influenza A/H1N1 and influenza B continue to co-circulate at low levels.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses are fluctuating at low levels.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs decreased this week but remain in the high-range compared to previous years.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel EDs remain well above baseline levels.
- Norovirus and rotavirus detections decreased but remain elevated.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel EDs and GPs increased this week, and are around or above baseline levels.
- One case of measles, acquired in Bali, was confirmed in a young adult with unknown vaccination history. No cases of mumps or rubella were reported this week.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to email@example.com)