Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza activity continues to decline.
- Most indicators of influenza activity, including notifications, detections of influenza virus, proportion of positive laboratory tests for influenza, and influenza-associated hospitalisations decreased this week, with the exception of emergency department ILI presentations which increased.
- Influenza A/H1N1, A/H3N2 and B viruses continue to co-circulate.
- Detections of all non-influenza respiratory viruses decreased.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and sentinel emergency departments (EDs) remained relatively stable this week. GP presentations remain above average, in contrast to ED presentations which are below baseline.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Chickenpox presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs remained stable and were at or below baseline levels.
- Shingles presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs increased, and GP presentations are now above baseline.
- No confirmed cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch, send an email with your first and last name plus email address to email@example.com