Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza respiratory virus activity remain low and at inter-seasonal levels.
- ILI presentations to sentinel emergency departments (EDs) and general practitioners (GPs) remain low.
- Routine and sentinel detections of influenza virus remain low, with influenza A/H3N2 constituting the majority of subtyped viruses; influenza A/H1N1 and influenza B continue to co-circulate.
- Non-influenza respiratory virus detections continue to fluctuate at low levels.
- Presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs are consistent with this time period during previous years.
- Norovirus and rotavirus detections decreased.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs remain just above baseline level; shingles presentations to sentinel GPs decreased below baseline level.
- Two cases of mumps in adolescents from the Kimberley were reported.
- No cases of measles or rubella were confirmed this week.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to email@example.com)