Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza respiratory virus activity remain low and at inter-seasonal levels.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) and emergency departments (EDs) remain low.
- Routine and sentinel detections of influenza virus remain low, with influenza A/H3N2 constituting the majority of subtyped viruses; influenza A/H1N1 and influenza B continue to co-circulate.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses were low.
- Presentations to sentinel GPs remain elevated and above levels observed at this time in recent years. Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel EDs decreased and have reached baseline levels.
- Norovirus detections continue to show signs of decline.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles presentations to sentinel EDs and GPs are above baseline levels; chickenpox presentations are currently below baseline levels.
- No cases of measles, mumps, or rubella were reported this week.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to email@example.com