Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza respiratory virus activity continues to decline.
- Most indicators of influenza activity, including notifications, detections of influenza virus, proportion of positive laboratory tests for influenza, and influenza-associated hospitalisations decreased this week.
- Influenza A/H1N1, influenza A/H3N2 and influenza B viruses continue to co-circulate.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses continued to decline this week.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) remain stable this week. Presentations to sentinel emergency departments (EDs) increased but remain below baseline.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) increased above baseline levels.
- Three cases of mumps were reported to the Department of Health this week – follow-up information is pending.
- No confirmed cases of measles or rubella were reported.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to email@example.com)