Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza virus activity continue to decline.
ILI presentations to sentinel emergency departments (EDs) and detections of influenza virus decreased this week.
- Hospitalisations in influenza cases declined and are below baseline level.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses decreased.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel EDs increased slightly this week, and have reached baseline level.
- Norovirus and rotavirus detections decreased slightly this week.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Chickenpox and shingles presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs remain near baseline.
- No cases of measles, mumps or rubella were reported this week.
To subscribe to Virus WAtch, send an email with your first and last name plus email address to firstname.lastname@example.org