Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI)
Summary: Influenza and non-influenza respiratory virus activity remain low and at inter-seasonal levels.
- ILI presentations to sentinel emergency departments (EDs) and general practitioners (GPs) remain low.
- Routine and sentinel detections of influenza virus remain low, with influenza A/H3N2 constituting the majority of subtyped viruses.
- Non-influenza respiratory virus detections continue to fluctuate at low levels.
- Presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs are consistent with this time period during previous years.
- Norovirus detections decreased this week.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Both shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel EDs and GPs are around baseline levels.
- One case of measles was confirmed in an adult who was exposed while overseas. No cases of mumps or rubella were confirmed this week.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org)