Influenza and Influenza-like Illnesses (ILI) Summary: Non-influenza virus activity, including respiratory syncytial virus, decreased this week, and influenza activity remains low.
- ILI presentations to sentinel general practitioners (GPs) increased but influenza notifications remain low
- ILI presentations to emergency departments (EDs) decreased this week; hospital admissions for influenza remain low.
- The majority of influenza viruses subtyped in the past week were influenza A/H1N1, but influenza B and influenza A/H3 are also circulating.
- Detections of non-influenza respiratory viruses decreased this week, including respiratory syncytial virus.
- Gastroenteritis presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs are within expected levels.
Varicella and Viral Rashes
- Shingles and chickenpox presentations to sentinel GPs and EDs remain near expected levels.
- No cases of measles, rubella or mumps were notified this week.
(To subscribe to Virus WAtch Updates, send an email with your full name, e-mail address and “subscribe” in the subject heading to email@example.com)