The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care has recently released their new hand hygiene eLearning modules.
- Hand hygiene for clinical healthcare workers
- Hand hygiene for non-clinical healthcare workers.
The new modules are designed to support the ongoing education of clinical and non-clinical staff in maintaining a safe and hygienic healthcare environment. They are available on the National Hand Hygiene Initiative (NHHI) Learning Management System (LMS).
The two new modules replace the current suite of clinical discipline specific modules:
- Hand Hygiene Allied Health
- Hand Hygiene Medical
- Hand Hygiene Nursing/ Midwifery
- Hand Hygiene Non-clinical
- Hand Hygiene Standard theory
- Hand Hygiene Renal/Dialysis
- Hand Hygiene Student Health practitioner.
Good hand hygiene practices are essential in preventing the spread of infections and safeguarding patients’ and healthcare workers’ health and safety. Our online training modules offer a comprehensive overview of hand hygiene best practices, including the “5 Moments for Hand Hygiene” and infection prevention and control techniques.
Whether you are clinical, non-clinical, a student or working in community care, the eLearning modules support the training and needs of healthcare workers across all settings.
To access the latest eLearning modules, visit https://safetyandquality.gov.au/nhhi and follow the registration instructions.