ATAGI recommends a winter COVID-19 booster dose for people at increased risk of severe COVID-19. The additional winter booster is recommended for other people at increased risk, to be given 4 months after their first booster dose or COVID-19 infection (if applicable).
- adults aged 65 years and older
- residents 16 years and older of aged care or disability care facilities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults aged 50 years and older
- people aged 16 years and older with a medical condition that increases the risk of severe COVID-19 illness (see Table for details)
- people aged 16 years and older with disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities which increase risk of poor outcome from COVID-19
For more information, refer to the ATAGI statement here.